- Interested in finding out more about Cloud Accounting? Register now for a FREE introductory seminar in association with Xero.
The Chancellor's Autumn Statement 2014
The Chancellor of the Exchequer George Osborne gave his 2014 Autumn Statement on 3 December.
His speech and the subsequent documentation announced tax measures in addition to the normal economic measures. Our summary concentrates on the tax measures which include:
• improvements to the starting rate of tax for savings income
• new rules for accessing pension funds
• removal of corporation tax relief for goodwill on incorporation
• changes to the Construction Industry Scheme
• the introduction of new CGT rules for non-residents and UK residential property
• changes to the remittance basis charge for resident non-domiciles
• changes to the tax treatment of pensions on death
• changes to the IHT treatment of trusts
• changes to Stamp Duty Land Tax for residential property.
You will find the full summary here or you can download the pdf here:
Festive Opening Hours
Our offices will be closed from 1pm on Tuesday 23 December and will reopen again on Monday 29 December.
We will also close on New Year’s Day, 1 January and reopen on 2 January 2015.
Connect with us on:
Download our app here:
News and Events
In this month’s eNews we report on a number of issues including the Autumn Statement announcement of the changes to Stamp Duty Land Tax. We also include the latest advisory fuel rates and the EAT ruling on holiday pay and overtime. Please do get in touch if you would like any further guidance on any of the areas covered.
For a number of reasons pensions have historically been unpopular for many farmers who have seen them as restrictive and often not as attractive as land purchase.
As Christmas comes ever closer many of our thoughts inevitably turn to the list of jobs we need to do, presents we need to buy, food that needs to be cooked. But the reality for thousands of people in Norwich and the surrounding area is very different.
The Charity Commission’s guide to trustees’ duties entitled ‘The Essential Trustee’ is due to be updated.
Food producers are often driven by a passion for their product, and they understand that achieving the very best quality means knowing all there is to know about their ingredients, suppliers, production process and recipes.