It is inevitable that at some stage you will have to deal with the death of a family member, friend or associate. As well as the difficult emotional issues that may need to be addressed, there are a number of practical and financial issues that need to be taken care of. You may find yourself having to take responsibility for these.
Lovewell Blake can assist with the practicalities, or in some cases take on the burden of dealing with the administration of the estate.What to do when someone dies
If you are the person charged with looking after the deceased’s estate there are a number of ways we can help you right now:
- Notifying financial institutions on your behalf
- Establishing assets and liabilities
- Completing forms for inheritance tax purposes
- Advising on the probate process
- Ensuring the estate is tax compliant
- Preparing accounts for the estate
If you are in this situation please contact our estate administration team
who will be able to assist you with as much or as little of the process as you need.