Expertise – recognised
Lovewell Blake leads in providing specialist advice and support to charities, not-for-profit organisations, schools and academies.
As well as providing a quality audit and accountancy service to charities we advise on issues including:
- VAT - a particularly complex area for many charities
- Taxation - employment tax, use of trading subsidiaries
- Gift Aid procedures and regulations
- Training to Trustees to guide them through their governance responsibilities
- Assistance with preparation and review of business plans
- Assistance with fundraising strategies and applying for National Lottery funding, local and national grants and European grants
- Compliance with Charity SORP and Charity Law in the preparation of the accounts and annual report.
- Advising on internal management controls, risk reviews and accounting policies.
Lovewell Blake has built up a reputation for serving charitable organisations and recognises that the strict regulatory framework for charities requires specialist and experienced advisors.
Mark Proctor heads the firm’s charity team and holds a Diploma in Charity Accounting and Financial Management having completed a course at Cass Business School in London. Two other members of the team hold a Diploma in Charity Accounting with a further member applying in 2011.
Lovewell Blake was awarded equal first in categories for charity expertise and overall service in a survey published by the journal Charity Finance.