Lovewell Blake is a dynamic, supportive and sociable place to work. We will continually support, invest and encourage your training and development and you will be working with a great group of colleagues!
We provide staff with a paid day out of the office each year to support a local charity/good cause. There are also numerous fundraising activities taking place throughout the year to raise money for our LB150 fund.
With an extensive wellbeing strategy, including a full employee assistance programme plus trained Mental Health and Wellbeing Champions in each of our offices, support is always available for you. Our holiday policy gives you the option to buy five additional days’ holiday each year and we offer flexi-hour contracts to allow you to choose the hours that work best for you, alongside an agile working policy, promoting a positive work life balance.
Different because you are
We pride ourselves in providing individually tailored services to our clients. Whatever your aspirations and priorities in business and life, we will be by your side with expert advice from local specialists. It is because your needs are unique, that the solutions we provide are distinct and personalised to you.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Tax Assistant to join our tax department in our Great Yarmouth office.
Our tax department team has a large number of clients for which we prepare their tax returns and give tax advice on a regular basis. The work is extremely varied and interesting.
- Completing tax returns within budget and set deadlines
- Undertaking general research, gathering information and reporting any problems/issues to a more senior team member
- Effectively communicate with other members of the team, manager/partner on workload and status of projects
- Ensure client records are accurate and up to date
- Build strong relationships with clients, adding value at all times
- Cross sell other services offered by the Firm
- Ensure knowledge of industry/market is kept up to date
- Continuously develop technical tax knowledge
- Effectively use a variety of software packages to assist with accounts and tax return preparation tasks
- Work must be undertaken to the highest possible standards and conducted in accordance with the Firm’s procedures and policies
- ATT qualified or part qualified
- Previous experience within a professional practice environment
- Have knowledge of income tax
- Confident IT user with previous experience using Microsoft Excel
- Demonstrate a “can do” approach to problem solving
- Excellent client service skills including the ability to tailor your approach provided depending on the specific client
- Have the ability to communicate clearly and coherently with clients and colleagues
- 21 days annual leave (increasing with grade and service)
- Competitive Salary
- Annual paid volunteering day
- Life assurance scheme
- Flexi hours (7.5 hours a day with 9am - 4pm core hours)
Fill in the form below to apply for this role.