This role sits within our Tax Group who are responsible for advising our diverse portfolio of clients.
At Lovewell Blake we support our staff to achieve their personal career aspirations, whilst providing an environment which nurtures their wellbeing. Our Flexi-hour contracts allow staff to choose the hours that work best for them to promote a good work life balance as well as the opportunity to buy back five additional days of holiday each year. Each of our offices has trained Mental Health and Wellbeing Champions in place to provide support to our employees when needed.
Different because you are
We pride ourselves in providing individually tailored services to our clients. Whatever your aspirations and priorities in business and life, we will be by your side with expert advice from local specialists. It is because your needs are unique, that the solutions we provide are distinct and personalised to you.
We provide staff with a paid day out of the office each year to support a local charity/good cause of their choice. There are also numerous fundraising activities taking place throughout the year to raise money for our LB150 fund.
- Working as part of a team, undertake a VAT advisory role in providing a wide range of VAT compliance advice to clients
- Ability to interpret and advise on a broad range of development projects such as land and property transactions, capital goods scheme and due diligence assignments for example
- Manage a large and diverse portfolio of clients from sole traders to multinational corporations
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to ensure timely and accurate filing of VAT returns
- Reconcile VAT accounts, identify issues and advise accordingly
- Keep up to date with current VAT case law and be able to present legislation in a clear and helpful manner
- Present VAT guidance at internal and external training events
- Strong knowledge of VAT matters
- Previous experience within a VAT advisory role
- Have the ability to use quick and clear thought to identify multiple solutions
- Demonstrate a 'can do' approach to problem solving
- Excellent customer service skills including the ability to tailor your approach provided depending on the specific client
- Experience using Sage and Microsoft Excel as well as other Microsoft applications and accounting software
This role is available on either a part time or full time basis, please detail your preferred hours on application.
Free car parking is available a short distance from the office.
Including, but not limited to:
- 21 days annual leave (increasing with grade and service)
- Competitive salary
- Annual paid volunteering day
- Life assurance scheme
- Enhanced sick pay
- Flexi hours (7.5 hours a day with 9am - 4pm core hours)
Fill in the form below to apply for this role.