Ongoing support and service
Once you have attained academy status, we provide you with a full range of accountancy and audit services:
Expert taxation advice
- Preparing accounts to comply with Academies Handbook, Charities SORP, Charities Act and Companies Act
- Payroll bureau
- Human Resources
- Advice on internal control procedures
- Governance including responsibilities of governors
- Financial projections and business plans
- Advice on computerised accounting systems; we are Sage accredited agents
- Ongoing alerts.
Our taxation specialists advise on all issues facing academies such as VAT exemption
, PAYE and benefits in kind, use of trading subsidiaries and Gift Aid.
With the unrolling of academy status to a much wider range of schools, our team has been undergoing training in how best to meet the needs of this sector. Mark Proctor
is our lead partner co-ordinating services to our academy and school clients. He spends much of his time advising charity trustees and school governors. He is a non-executive director of the Norfolk & Norwich Festival Ltd.