The latest events have been announced in a year-long series of free masterclasses aimed at helping business owners and managers achieve ‘business brilliance’.
The growing importance of video, commercial mediation, workplace wellbeing and dealing with the media are the four latest topics to be covered as part of the Lovewell Blake ‘Building Brilliance in Business’ series of early evening masterclasses, which have already seen half a dozen industry experts and business gurus share their knowledge and experience.
The latest dates to be announced are:
• ‘Volcanoes, videos and visual storytelling’
– Thursday 13th September. Alex Morris, commercial director of Lambda Films will dissect the importance of storytelling in all kinds of communication in business, and demonstrate why video is an increasingly important medium with which to do so.
• Commercial mediation and mediation in the workplace
– Thursday 11th October. Mark Fitch, partner at Hatch Brenner, who holds the ranking of ‘Elite Mediator’ with the Civil Mediation Council, will talk about how mediation can help resolve disputes both between businesses and within the workplace.
• Wellbeing in the workplace
– Thursday 8th November. Vicky Webber, HR consultant at Lovewell Blake, will explain the growing emphasis on employee wellbeing in keeping staff engaged, reducing sickness absence and staff turnover. She will cover the benefits of implementing a wellbeing strategy and provide guidance on a range of cost-effective wellbeing initiatives.
• Dealing with the media
– Thursday 6th December. Mark Shields, business editor of the Eastern Daily Press, will explain how traditional media is still enormously powerful for business, and give some practical tips about how to engage with journalists positively.“We are delighted to announce four new masterclasses as part of our Building Brilliance in Business series,”
said Shaun Mary, partner at Lovewell Blake. “The six events which have already taken place so far this year have been very well received, and once again we have some leading business experts who have agreed to share their wisdom and experience.
“These masterclasses are designed to help businesses develop and hone their skills in an engaging, vibrant and informal environment, led by some of the best and brightest guest speakers in the region.”
Each masterclass takes place at the Crown Room at Open from 6pm to 8pm. The events are free to attend, but places must be reserved in advance. Find out more here