This year practices are being asked to complete an additional declaration due to COVID-19. They are asking practices to make the following commitments:
- Maximise safe throughput to meet as many prioritised needs as possible.
- Remain open and prioritise care for patients who are considered at highest risk of oral disease, in line with the prevailing dental SOP and guidance.
- Use NHS funding to the full for the provision of NHS services. Ensure full compliance to Clause 59 of GDS/PDS contract agreements – that practices will not advise that NHS services are unavailable with a view to gaining their agreement to undergoing the treatment privately
- Continue preventative work (such as confirmation via the FP17 data that best practice prevention advice has been given to patients) and target efforts in a way that will reduce health inequalities (eg by agreeing to see irregular attenders as well as usual patients). This will be auditable by local teams with an expectation that practices will be able to provide evidence of their efforts.
- Prioritise all known and unknown patients to the practice who require urgent dental care if contacted directly or via 111 services, as capacity allows.
- Keep contractual premises open unless otherwise agreed via the regional commissioner.
- Complete and keep under review all staff risk assessments.
- Do not seek any duplicate or superfluous funding from the NHS or other government sources – including furlough or additional sick or parental leave pay that was not used to pay for cover.