HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) is giving individuals and businesses a harder time by:
- Carrying out more tax enquiries and compliance checks
- Selecting taxpayers for investigations at random
- Investing heavily in data trawling software
- Expanding the enquiry department.
Anyone who pays tax can suffer an enquiry or compliance check by HMRC.
If this happens to you:
- You wil have to prove that HMRC's suspicions are unfounded
- HMRC's detailed questions will take time to answer
- Greater professional advice may be needed to successfully reduce penalties
- Significant levels of professional fees may become due as a result.
We provide cover to clients under which, in the event of an enquiry or inspection:
- You will receive the best possible defence
- You will not be charged for most professional costs incurred in your defence
- You will not have to concede to HMRC's demands because of financial pressure.
By subscribing to our Tax Investigation Cover (or TIC for short), you will have the full comfort of knowing that we can fully defend you at no extra cost if you fall under HMRC's spotlight.
Different because you are
We pride ourselves on providing individually tailored services to our clients. Whatever your aspirations and priorities in business and life, we will be by your side with expert advice from local specialists. It is because your needs are unique, that the solutions we provide are distinct and personalised to you.
You can find more information about our Tax Investigation Cover in our policy document, example claims and FAQ's below.
Please note: without this cover, any professional work undertaken would be charged in addition to your normal fee.
Why might I need Tax Investigation Cover?
It will cover the costs of an HMRC enquiry and provide you with complete support by our team during the review process.
Do I need to be a Lovewell Blake client to have your Tax Investigation Cover?
Yes, you need to be a client of the firm.
I already have Lovewell Blake Tax Investigation Cover, how do I renew my policy?
You will be sent documentation inviting you to renew your policy a few weeks prior to renewal date of 1 August.
Why should I choose Lovewell Blake for tax investigation cover?
Cover provides peace of mind that LB fees relating to an enquiry by HMRC will be covered.