Tax is much more than a compliance obligation. We will work with you to provide practical solutions that will help maximise your businesses profits by minimising your tax liabilities.
Tax can be complex. Our highly trained tax specialists work with you to develop the right strategies for your business.
As a business owner, no matter the size or structure of your company, we understand that your goal is to retain as much of your profit as you can whilst paying the least amount of tax. We can advise you on the best structure of your business to achieve your goal.
Different because you are
We pride ourselves on providing individually tailored services to our clients. Whatever your aspirations and priorities in business and life, we will be by your side with expert advice from local specialists. It is because your needs are unique, that the solutions we provide are distinct and personalised to you.
Sole Traders and Partnerships
As a first time sole trader we can help you:
- Understand the best company structure to suit your aims and objectives
- Assess your turnover, with a view to VAT registration
- Deal with your payroll for any employees
- Plan around your tax liabilities, including the loss of your personal allowance
- Prepare budgets and forecasts to help secure funding
As your business grows we can also:
- Provide advice on whether you could make tax savings by trading as a company
- Provide tax 'health checks' on a regular basis to ensure no tax is being paid unnecessarily
In a partnership you may face many of the same tax issues as a sole trader. Additionally, we can help you with the following tax planning expertise:
- Look at tax benefits of bringing a partner on board
- Understand the different structures available to you and their tax implications
- Make changes to your partnership in a tax efficient way
- Support during partnership disputes
Corporation and Business tax
We will deal with company tax returns on your behalf, ensuring they are submitted correctly and on time. We will advise you on which tax is due and when, planning at all times to make your business as tax efficient as possible.
We'll advise you on all aspects of your companies finance, including:
- Choosing the correct business structure for your company, detailing the benefits of each option to you before you come to a decision
- How best to extract funds from your business, helping you establish a system that works for you and your company
- Understanding the most tax efficient ways to buy and sell businesses
- Restructuring and reorganising your business as it becomes necessary.
You may be able to benefit from tax incentives put in place by the government to encourage research and development in UK businesses. We can help you identify any areas that may qualify for these incentives and how to get them.
International tax for business
Whether you are looking to open a branch or subsidiary overseas or you are starting up in the UK for the first time, our team of experts can guide you through the process and support you throughout.
For companies and businesses, our Tax and VAT consultants have a wealth of experience advising SME's to large corporate groups. Quite often the solution is not simple so having an adviser who can navigate the challenges and deliver the best solution can be invaluable.
Lovewell Blake is a member of HLB International, the 12th largest accountancy network in the world with 795 offices in 158 countries. Wherever you are doing business, we will have the in-house expertise and global network to help.
Contact us to speak to one of our international specialists.
Business Tax Planning Articles
What is tax planning in business?
Business tax planning is the process of developing and executing strategies that will help maximise your businesses profits by minimising your tax liabilities.
What tax planning strategies does Lovewell Blake recommend?
Every business has different aspects to their tax affairs, there is no one-size-fits-all approach. Our team of tax Partners and Consultants can help develop the right strategies for your business.
What is the objective of tax planning in business?
The objective of tax planning is to help plan and develop strategies for businesses to help minimise their tax burden.
How does Lovewell Blake stand out with their tax planning services?
We work closely with our clients to provide tailored tax planning advice, unique to their business. By understanding your business we can be proactive with strategic recommendations and advice.