HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) is giving individuals and businesses a harder time by:
- Carrying out more tax enquiries and compliance checks
- Selecting taxpayers for investigations at random
- Investing heavily in data trawling software
- Expanding the enquiry department.
Anyone who pays tax can suffer an enquiry or compliance check by HMRC.
If this happens to you:
- You wil have to prove that HMRC's suspicions are unfounded
- HMRC's detailed questions will take time to answer
- Greater professional advice may be needed to successfully reduce penalties
- Significant levels of professional fees may become due as a result.
We provide cover to clients under which, in the event of an enquiry or inspection:
- You will receive the best possible defence
- You will not be charged for most professional costs incurred in your defence
- You will not have to concede to HMRC's demands because of financial pressure.
By subscribing to our Tax Investigation Service (or TIS for short), you will have the full comfort of knowing that we can fully defend you at no extra cost if you fall under HMRC's spotlight.
Different because you are
We pride ourselves on providing individually tailored services to our clients. Whatever your aspirations and priorities in business and life, we will be by your side with expert advice from local specialists. It is because your needs are unique, that the solutions we provide are distinct and personalised to you.
You can find more information about our Tax Investigation Service in our policy document, example claims and FAQ's below.
Please note: without this cover, any professional work undertaken would be charged in addition to your normal fee.