You might be leaving
the Local Authority accounting function and standing on your own, or you might
be looking to expand your existing Academy Trust by taking on additional
schools/existing Trusts. Both scenarios raise the need to consider:
- legal structure of the academy entity
- employment law, TUPE, pension arrangements
- property and leases
- finance issues, budgets and forecasts, internal controls
- accounting function
- payroll and human resources
- fundraising and income generation
- VAT and other taxation issues.
You’re not expected to do this on your own. We can help with accounts preparation in compliance with the Academy Trust Handbook and the Academies Accounts Direction, as well as providing external audit services.
We also provide a wide range of support services such as internal audit services, due diligence for incoming academies, payroll, HR consultancy, tax consultancy and financial planning.