Leaving the Local Authority accounting function and standing on your own raises the need to consider:
- legal structure of the academy entity
- employment law, TUPE, pension arrangements
- property and leases
- finance issues, budgets and forecasts, internal controls
- accounting function
- payroll and human resources
- VAT and other taxation issues.
You’re not expected to do this on its own. We can help with accounts preparation in compliance with Academies handbook, Charities SORP, Charity Act and Companies Act as well as audits.
We also work with a wide range of support services such as payroll, HR consultancy, tax consultancy and financial planning.